- 1898-01-01 - 1993-01-01 (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The corporate objectives for the Crown Law Department were:
- to maintain an efficient, professional and complete legal service to the Government of Western Australia and its Departments;
- to ensure that the Crown's case were effectively and fairly represented in all Court proceedings;
- to ensure ongoing policy review of legislation in order that it continues to be relevant and appropriate;
- to ensure that the Government of Western Australia could achieve its legislative programme;
- to maintain an accessible and efficient Court service which effectively supported the objectives of an independent Judiciary;
- to ensure that sufficient corporate support was provided to facilitate progress toward the achievement of Departmental objectives.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This is an artificial series created by the State Records Office. This series has been registered as a sub-set of Record Series No. 2664, but the files were originally created as part of one whole sequence.
The files in this series deal essentially with criminal indictments and a 75 year restricted access status applies to the files. The listings of these files include the names of victims and perpertrators of crime. For this reason, the listings are not publicly accessible at present.