AU WA S4898
Level of description
Name of creator
AU WA A1000 - MOUNT HENRY HOSPITAL (1951-01-01 - 1998-08-03)
Originally opened in 1951 to care for mentally ill and disabled elderly patients. Mount Henry Hospital became a teaching hospital for the W.A. School of Nursing from 1954 to 1975 with a restorative unit opened in1964 and declared a Public Hospital in 1966. At its peak, the Hospital housed 380 beds and offered services for Restorative, Respite, Assessment, Continuing Care, Palliative Care and Psycho Geriatric treatment. The hospital closed in mid 1998.
Originally part of the State Library of Western Australia's collection and described in MN2710 in 2010. These records were transferred to the State Records Office under the State Records (Consequential Provisions) Act 2000 in 2017. It is unknown when these records were received by the State Library.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Badges including extended care, nursing aide, enrolled nurse and anniversary of service and a signed bound volume of the Florence Nightingale Pledge for Nurses. Follows numbering system applied by SLWA in MN listings.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing access (legacy)
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements