- 1960-12-05 - 1960-12-21 (Creation)
- 1960-12-05 - 1960-12-21 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Name of creator
On 24 November 1960, William John Wallwork was appointed as Royal Commissioner to investigate and report upon allegations of bribery in relation to the Totalisator Agency Board Betting Bill.
The terms of the Royal Commission were to investigate and report upon the following matters:
1) Was any member or were any members of either House of Parliament offered any bribe or other inducement to vote against or not to vote for the Totalisator Agency Board Betting Bill 1960, or any part thereof?;
2) If any such member or members was or were offered any such bribe or inducement, by whom was it offered, and, if to more than one member, by whom was it offered in each case?;
3) Was any person offering such bribe or inducement acting for himself or any other person or persons, and, if the latter, who were the persons concerned?; and
4) If it was shown that any such bribe or inducement was offered, what was the amount of the bribe, or nature of the inducement?