Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
On 29 June 1949, Leslie Charles Nimmo (Chair), John Hugh Ackland, William Grayden, Alfred George Reynolds and Ernest Knight Hoar were appointed Royal Commissioners to Inquire into and Report Upon Bran, Pollard and Stock Food Concentrates. All Royal Commissioners were members of the Legislative Assembly.
The Royal Commission's terms of reference were to investigate the following matters:
1) the existing distribution of bran and pollard and ways and means of increasing supplies;
2) the amount of bran and pollard being used in manufactured mashes;
3) the best means of distribution;
4) substitute foods in lieu of bran and pollard that may be used if necessary, and the means of developing such sources of supply; and
5) to consider costs of prepared foods of which bran and pollard are constituent parts, where such costs are related in the poultry industry and dairy industry to the respective food values of the several products.