Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
On 11 May 1921, Peter Board, the Hon. A.J.H. Saw M.L.C. and George Francis Pitchford were appointed Royal Commissioners to Inquire Into and Report Upon the System of Public Elementary Education followed in the State of Western Australia, and the Administration of the Acts Relating Thereto.
The matters the Royal Commission were appointed to investigate were:
1) Was the State obtaining adequate value for its expenditure on education?
2) Could the system be improved upon, and, if so, in what way, to make the system more fitting to the requirements of the State?
3) Could the schools in the rural districts be made more useful to the settlers?
4) Were there extravagences, defects, or deficiencies in the system followed that can be remedied?
5) Was the administration defective, and, if so, in what particulars?
The report of the Royal Commission was submitted on 22 July 1921.