Series S545 - SCHOOL JOURNALS

Identity area

Reference code

AU WA S545

Title

SCHOOL JOURNALS

Date(s)

  • 1980-01-01 - (Creation)

Level of description

Series

Medium

Format

Volumes

Status

Context area

Name of creator

AU WA A297 - WEST DALE PRIMARY SCHOOL (Formerly known as DALE RIVER) (1905-09-07 -)

Administrative history

West Dale School was formery known as Dale River which opened on 7th September 1905 and operated as a half-time school with Dale Hall School from February 1906 to 26th March 1910. Dale River closed 26th August 1927 before reopening as officially as West Dale School on 4th July 1929. The school was situated on the corner of a site previously owned by Mr. W T Hobbs and was locally known as Hobbs Corner. West Dale School closed on 17th February 1939. The school opened again on 19th September 1944.

Archival history

Content and structure area

Scope and content

School Journals are the Head Teacher’s record of events and activities at the school.

Accruals

System of arrangement

Numerical

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing access (legacy)

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Related units of description

Related units of description

Access points

Place access points

Description control area

Level of detail

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Archivist's note

AN Cross Reference = 45/4
Range Control Symbol = 1 -

Accession area