- 1886-08-01 - 1908-06-24 (Accumulation)
- 1858 - (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
A lighthouse and keeper's quarters was established at Breaksea Island (Albany Harbour) in 1858. A new lighthouse, which remains standing today, was erected in 1902 along with new keeper's quarters. Further additions to the keeper's quarters were constructed in 1908.
On 1 July 1915, responsibility for lighthouses in Western Australia passed from the State Government to the Commonwealth Government. This transfer of function was effected through an agreement between the Governor-General of Australia and the Governor of Western Australia under the Lighthouses Act 1911-1915 (Cwth).
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Watch list from Breaksea Island Lighthouse detailing name of officer on each watch at the lighthouse for the period 01/08/1886 to 31/05/1902.
The back of the volume also includes a list of Royal Mail steamers passing the lighthouse between the period 15/04/1904 to 24/06/1908.