AU WA A1553 - CAPE INSCRIPTION LIGHTHOUSE (SHARK BAY)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Legal Status Text

Lighthouse

Authorized form of name

CAPE INSCRIPTION LIGHTHOUSE (SHARK BAY)

Other form(s) of name

Description identifier

AU WA A1553

Description area

Dates of existence

1908-01-01 -

History

A lighthouse and keeper's quarters was established at Cape Inscription c. 1908.

On 1 July 1915, responsibility for lighthouses in Western Australia passed from the State Government to the Commonwealth Government. This transfer of function was effected through an agreement between the Governor-General of Australia and the Governor of Western Australia under the Lighthouses Act 1911-1915 (Cwth).

Places

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

AU WA A11 - HARBOUR AND LIGHT DEPARTMENT (1880-01-01 - 1982-03-01)

Identifier of the related entity

AU WA A11

Category of the relationship

Superior

Dates of the relationship

1908-01-01 - 1915-06-30

Description of relationship

Related unit of description

Series S4048 - LETTERBOOK

Role

Creation

Description of relationship

Dates of relationship

1908-01-01 -

Related unit of description

Series S4049 - ACCOUNT BOOK

Role

Creation

Description of relationship

Dates of relationship

1908-01-01 -

Control area

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Sources

Archivist's notes