- 1896-05-26 - 1898-08-03 (Creation)
- 1896-05-26 - 1898-08-03 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The area known as Subiaco was first settled by Europeans in the 1840s, including a community of Benedictine monks. The name was originally "New Subiaco", after the Italian city where the Benedictine Order was founded.
By 1895 a Subiaco Progress Association had been formed and was followed, in 1896, by a local Road Board and Board of Health. The Municipal District of Subiaco was proclaimed in March 1897. It became a City in 1952.