- 1921-01-01 - (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
Corrigin was originally gazetted as a town on 14 November 1913 under the name Dondakin. The townspeople resisted this name and it was changed to Corrigin in 1914.
Despite requests from the Road Board for police protection, an officer was not officially stationed in Corrigin until 1 November 1921 when Constable Lewis was transferred from Morgans to Corrigin.
A new police station was erected in the town in December 1961.