- 1896-01-01 - (Creation)
- 1896 - 1960 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The corporate objectives for the Crown Law Department were:
- to maintain an efficient, professional and complete legal service to the Government of Western Australia and its Departments;
- to ensure that the Crown's case were effectively and fairly represented in all Court proceedings;
- to ensure ongoing policy review of legislation in order that it continues to be relevant and appropriate;
- to ensure that the Government of Western Australia could achieve its legislative programme;
- to maintain an accessible and efficient Court service which effectively supported the objectives of an independent Judiciary;
- to ensure that sufficient corporate support was provided to facilitate progress toward the achievement of Departmental objectives.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Personal files of judicial, key administrative and departmental appointees.
This series also incorporates files relating to staff complaints and dismissals.
(The files in this Record Series were previously listed at the State Records Office at reference: AN 47/6; Accession 1042).