- 1940-01-01 - 1948-12-31 (Creation)
- 1940-01-01 - 1948-12-31 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The State Housing Commission was established under the State Housing Commission Act 1946. This act abolished the previous Worker's Homes Board.
The functions of the Commission were to:
- provide for the erection and disposal of houses;
- provide financial advances for housing, and;
- administer the State Housing Commission Fund, established under the State Housing Commission Act.
The Housing Act 1980 repealed the 1946 Act, increased the Commission from five members to seven members and allowed the Commission to purchase land for the purposes of the Act.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series consists of the State Housing Commission's records of the Royal Commission into the State Housing Commission, 1948. Also included are copies of evidence and reports from the Royal Commission into the University of Western Australia, 1941.
(The State Records Office also holds the official records of the Royal Commission which are currently listed at the State Records Office Search Room at AN 537).